Substitute for Raised S.B. No. 219
Session Year 2016


To: (1) Provide a Probate Court with the ability to transfer a file when another Probate Court has jurisdiction over the file, (2) eliminate the requirement that the Probate Court provide notice of certain proceedings to the Commissioner of Revenue Services, (3) require a hearing for a person under voluntary representation who is without an attorney before a change of residence for such person occurs, (4) set forth additional activities that require a filing fee, (5) clarify who may be granted rights of visitation with a minor, (6) expand jurisdictional venue in certain Probate Court proceedings involving removal of guardian or termination of parental rights, and (7) expand the types of entities that may be appointed as a conservator.

Introduced by:
Judiciary Committee

 New today  2-4 days old  5 days & older

Co-sponsors for Amendment LCO:

Bill History

 Date Action Taken
 5/5/2016Signed by the Governor
 5/2/2016Transmitted by Secretary of the State to Governor
 5/2/2016Transmitted to the Secretary of State
 4/29/2016(LCO)Public Act 16-7
 4/25/2016In Concurrence
 4/25/2016House Passed
 4/21/2016House Calendar Number 438
 4/21/2016Favorable Report, Tabled for the Calendar, House
 4/19/2016On Consent Calendar
 4/19/2016Senate Passed
 3/31/2016(LCO)File Number 370
 3/31/2016Senate Calendar Number 273
 3/31/2016Favorable Report, Tabled for the Calendar, Senate
 3/31/2016(LCO)Reported Out of Legislative Commissioners' Office
 3/24/2016(LCO)Referred to Office of Legislative Research and Office of Fiscal Analysis 03/30/16 5:00 PM
 3/14/2016(LCO)Filed with Legislative Commissioners' Office
 3/11/2016(JUD)Joint Favorable Substitute
 2/26/2016Public Hearing 03/02
 2/22/2016Referred to Joint Committee on Judiciary

Co-sponsors of SB-219

Rep. David A. Baram, 15th Dist.
Rep. Terry B. Adams, 146th Dist.
Sen. Steve Cassano, 4th Dist.
Sen. Joseph J. Crisco, 17th Dist.
Sen. Carlo Leone, 27th Dist.
Sen. Paul R. Doyle, 9th Dist.
Sen. Eric D. Coleman, 2nd Dist.

NOTE: Please direct all inquiries regarding the status of bills to the Office of the House Clerk and/or Senate Clerks' Office.