Office of the Auditors
of Public Accounts
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Auditors of Public
It is our job to serve the public interest regarding financial and compliance matters related to the State of Connecticut. As Connecticut's state auditors, we provide independent, unbiased and objective opinions and recommendations on the operations of state government and the state's effectiveness in safeguarding its assets. We also strive to assist state agencies in achieving sound fiscal management and the efficient use of state resources.
The office of the Auditors of Public Accounts is a legislative agency of the State of Connecticut whose primary mission is to conduct audits of all state agencies. Included in such audits is an annual Statewide Single Audit of the State of Connecticut to meet federal requirements. The office is under the direction of two state auditors appointed by the state legislature. The professional staff of just over one hundred includes many certified public accountants (CPA) and certified fraud examiners (CFE).
We hope that you find the information presented useful and informative, and welcome any comments as we expand and improve our online presence.
John C. Geragosian
Auditor of Public Accounts
Latest APA Audit Reports
- Chief Medical Examiner, Office of the - Issued: 02/22/2017 - Fiscal Years: 2013,2014, 2015
- Economic and Community Development, Department of - Issued: 02/16/2017 - Fiscal Years: 2013,2014
- Southern Connecticut State University - Issued: 02/15/2017 - Fiscal Years: 2012,2013
- Treasurer - State Financial Operations - Issued: 12/30/2016 - Fiscal Years: 2016
- Comptroller - State Financial Operations - Issued: 12/30/2016 - Fiscal Years: 2016
- Aging, Department of - Issued: 12/14/2016 - Fiscal Years: 2014,2015