January Session, 2017
LCO No. 8693
REP. ARESIMOWICZ, 30th Dist.
REP. PORTER, 94th Dist.
REP. SIMMONS, 144th Dist.
REP. HADDAD, 54th Dist.
REP. SANTIAGO, 130th Dist.
"AN ACT CREATING A TASK FORCE TO IMPROVE THE WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM IN THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT. "
Strike subdivision (6) of subsection (a) of section 4 in its entirety and substitute the following in lieu thereof:
"(6) "Participating agency" means the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities, Department of Education, Labor Department, The Office of Early Childhood, The University of Connecticut or any entity that has executed a memorandum of agreement for participation in the CP20 WIN and has been approved for participation by all other participating agencies. "
Strike subsection (c) of section 4 in its entirety and substitute the following in lieu thereof:
"(c) The CP20 WIN shall be governed by an executive board that shall provide oversight of such network. Said executive board shall consist of the following members: The Labor Commissioner, or said commissioner's designee, the Commissioner of Education, or said commissioner's designee, the Commissioner of Early Childhood, or said commissioner's designee, the president of the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities, or the president's designee, the president of The University of Connecticut, or the president's designee and the secretary of the Office of Policy and Management, or the secretary's designee. The duties of the executive board shall be to:
(1) Advance a vision for the CP20 WIN including a prioritized research agenda with support from the Planning Commission for Higher Education.
(2) Convene as needed to respond to issues from the data governing board.
(3) Identify and work to secure resources necessary to sustain CP20 WIN funding.
(4) Support system implementation, maintenance and improvement by advocating for the CP20 WIN in regard to policy, legislation and resources.
(5) Advocate and support the state's vision for the CP20 WIN.
(6) Have overall fiscal and policy responsibility for the CP20 WIN.
(7) Ensure that, in any circumstances in which public funds or resources are to be jointly utilized with those from private entities, such arrangements are governed by appropriate agreements approved by the Attorney General.
(8) Establish a data governing board to establish and enforce policies related to cross-agency data management, including, but not limited to, data confidentiality and security in alignment with the vision for CP20 WIN and any applicable law. In establishing such policies, the data governing board shall consult with the Office of Policy and Management, in accordance with the provisions of section 4-67n of the general statutes and other applicable statutes and policies. "