Higher Education and Employment Advancement Committee
PUBLIC HEARING AGENDA
Tuesday, February 7, 2017
10:00 AM in Room 1E of the LOB
The Higher Education and Employment Advancement Committee will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 10:00 A.M. in Room 1E of the LOB. Sign-up for the hearing will begin at 9:00 a.m. in Room 1E of the LOB. Please submit 35 copies of written testimony to Committee staff at 9:00 a.m. in Room 1E of the LOB, and also email written testimony in Word or PDF format to HEDtestimony@cga.ct.gov. Testimony should clearly state testifier name and related Bills. The Committee requests that testimony be limited to matters related to the items on the Agenda. The first hour of the hearing is reserved for Legislators, Constitutional Officers, State Agency Heads, Chief Elected Municipal Officials and Students with a valid student ID card. Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes of testimony. The Committee encourages witnesses to submit a written statement and to condense oral testimony to a summary of that statement. All public hearing testimony, written and spoken, is public information.
As such, it will be made available on the CGA website and indexed by internet search engines.
I. BILLS FOR REVIEW
1. Proposed S.B. No. 17 AN ACT ASSISTING STUDENTS WITHOUT LEGAL IMMIGRATION STATUS WITH THE COST OF COLLEGE. (HED)
2. Proposed S.B. No. 341 AN ACT CONCERNING MEDICAID COST SAVINGS FOR STUDENTS. (HS,HED)
3. Proposed S.B. No. 357 AN ACT CONCERNING ADDITIONAL STUDENT MEMBERSHIP ON THE BOARD OF REGENTS FOR HIGHER EDUCATION. (HED)
4. Proposed H.B. No. 5115 AN ACT PROTECTING OWNERSHIP IN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY CREATED AT INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER EDUCATION. (HED)
5. Proposed H.B. No. 6870 AN ACT PROTECTING THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF COLLEGE ATHLETES. (HED)
6. H.B. No. 7000 (RAISED) AN ACT EQUALIZING ACCESS TO STUDENT-GENERATED FINANCIAL AID. (HED)
7. H.B. No. 7001 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING STUDENT MEMBERSHIP ON THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT. (HED)