OLR Bill Analysis
sSB-191 (File 197, as amended by Senate "A")*
AN ACT CONCERNING CHARITABLE BINGO GAMES, BAZAARS, RAFFLES, THE DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER PROTECTION AND OCCUPATIONAL LICENSING.
This bill eliminates the following Department of Consumer Protection occupational licenses, registrations, certificates, and programs:
1. real estate student intern programs (CGS § 20-314c),
2. swimming pool assembler's license (CGS § 20-340e),
3. athlete agent registration (CGS §§ 20-559 to -559s),
4. shorthand reporter's license (CGS §§ 20-650 to -656),
5. itinerant vendor's license (CGS § 21-27 to -35), and
6. liquor wholesaler's salesman certificates (CGS § 30-17b).
Under the bill, people performing these tasks no longer need a state credential.
The bill also makes minor, technical, and conforming changes.
*Senate Amendment “A” eliminates the (1) underlying bill's provisions that (a) generally transferred charitable gaming oversight and permitting functions from the state to municipalities and (b) repealed the swimming pool builder and swimming pool maintenance and repair licenses and (2) real estate intern programs and swimming pool assembler's license.
EFFECTIVE DATE: January 1, 2018
General Law Committee
Joint Favorable Substitute