Senate Bill No. 444
Public Act No. 17-151
AN ACT AUTHORIZING THE HEALTH CARE CABINET TO RECOMMEND METHODS TO STUDY AND REPORT ON TOTAL STATE-WIDE HEALTH CARE SPENDING.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Assembly convened:
Section 1. Subsection (c) of section 19a-725 of the general statutes is repealed and the following is substituted in lieu thereof (Effective October 1, 2017):
(c) The Health Care Cabinet shall advise the Governor regarding the development of an integrated health care system for Connecticut and shall:
(1) Evaluate the means of ensuring an adequate health care workforce in the state;
(2) Jointly evaluate, with the chief executive officer of the Connecticut Health Insurance Exchange, the feasibility of implementing a basic health program option as set forth in Section 1331 of the Affordable Care Act;
(3) Identify short and long-range opportunities, issues and gaps created by the enactment of federal health care reform;
(4) Review the effectiveness of delivery system reforms and other efforts to control health care costs, including, but not limited to, reforms and efforts implemented by state agencies; and
(5) Advise the Governor on matters relating to: (A) The design, implementation, actionable objectives and evaluation of state and federal health care policies, priorities and objectives relating to the state's efforts to improve access to health care, [and] (B) the quality of such care and the affordability and sustainability of the state's health care system, and (C) total state-wide health care spending, including methods to collect, analyze and report health care spending data.
Approved July 5, 2017