Wednesday, February 17, 2016
10:00 AM in Room 2C of the LOB
The meeting was called to order at 10:07 AM by Chairman, Rep. Guerrera A. 029.
The following committee members were present:
Arce A. 004; Bumgardner A. 041; Carney D. 023; Devlin L. 134; Giegler J. 138; Guerrera A. 029; Janowski C. 056; Jutila E. 037; Labriola D. 131; Lavielle G. 143; Lemar R. 096; Lopes R. 024; MacLachlan J. 035; McCarthy Vahey C. 133; Morin R. 028; O'Dea T. 125; Sayers P. 060; Scanlon S. 098; Serra J. 033; Simanski B. 062; Steinberg J. 136; Wilms F. 142; Zawistowski T. 061
● Guerrera: We are raising just a handful of bills today. The rule this year is going to be to keep bills to a minimum and we will hold to this as long as possible. The committee will be considering serious issue this year such as DMV and Lock Box. In previous years as co-chair I have always given every proposed bill request a public hearing. We have a large number of proposals this year which will not be heard.
Introduced the New Committee Clerk (Phil Mainiero) and LCO (Catriona Stratton)
● Senator Leone, Representative O'Dea (who concurred with Guerrera) and Senator Boucher all expressed pleasure at being back to work with their colleagues – and eager to work on issues relative to DMV and DOT.
AGENDA: To draft SB03, raise concepts 1-9, and raise a constitutional resolution.
● Motion Made to draft by Rep. O'Dea and 2nd by Sen. Boucher …………….Passed by voice vote
○ Proposed S.B. No. 3 AN ACT CONCERNING THE LICENSING OF NEW AND USED CAR DEALERS. (TRA)
● Concepts #1 through #9 Motion made by Rep. Morin and 2nd by Sen. Boucher …………Passed by voice vote
○ AN ACT CONCERNING THE DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES.
○ AN ACT CONCERNING THE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION.
○ AN ACT CONCERNING ROADWAYS.
○ AN ACT REVISING MOTOR VEHICLE STATUTES.
○ AN ACT CONCERNING RECOMMENDATIONS BY THE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION.
○ AN ACT CONCERNING RECOMMENDATIONS BY THE DEPARTMENT MOTOR VEHICLES.
○ AN ACT REQUIRING MONTHLY REPORTING ON WAIT TIMES AT THE DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES.
○ AN ACT REQUIRING THE INSTALLATION OF SEAT SAFETY BELTS ON SCHOOL BUSES.
○ AN ACT CONCERNING THE CERTIFICATE OF TITLE FOR OLDER MODEL MOTOR VEHICLES.
● Raise the Resolution Motion made by Rep. O'Dea 2nd by Rep. Arce ……….. Passed by voice vote
○ RESOLUTION PROPOSING A STATE CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT TO PROTECT TRANSPORTATION FUNDS.
● Rep. Steinberg …. Commuter rail council will be meeting today at 3 in Room 1B … asked that anyone who gets the opportunity please come by.
● A motion was duly made Rep. O'Dea 2nd by Rep. Arce to adjourn the meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 12:10PM.
Rep. Rosario unfortunately had to attend to business in his district and was not present for the committee meeting.
Rep. Verrengia unfortunately had to attend to some business in his district and was not present for the committee meeting.
PHILIP N MAINIERO