Public Health Committee
Friday, February 19, 2016
11:00 AM in Room 1D of the LOB
The meeting was called to order at 11:06 AM by Chairman, Rep. Ritter M. 001.
The following committee members were present:
Adinolfi A. 103; Baker A. 124; Berthel E. 068; Betts W. 078; Candelora V. 086; Carpino C. 032; Conroy T. 105; Cook M. 065; Demicco M. 021; Genga H. 010; McCarty K. 038; Riley E. 046; Ritter M. 001; Ryan K. 139; Sayers P. 060; Scanlon S. 098; Srinivasan P. 031; Tercyak P. 026; Zoni D. 081
Rep. Ritter immediately recessed the meeting for a democratic caucus.
Rep. Ritter reconvened the meeting at 11:27 AM.
Rep. Ritter asked for a motion to raise the concepts under Section 3 of the agenda:
1. An Act Concerning The Adoption Of Regulations To Establish Minimum Standards For School-Based Health Centers
2. An Act Concerning Meningitis Vaccines
3. An Act Concerning The Palliative Use Of Marijuana By Hospice Patients
4. An Act Concerning Telehealth Services For Medicaid Recipients
5. An Act Concerning Maximum Decibel Levels
6. An Act Concerning Provision Of Healthy Food In Vending Machines Operated On State Property And Recommendations Of The Childhood Obesity Task Force
7. An Act Concerning Telehealth Providers' Access To Patient Records
8. An Act Concerning A Prescription Drug Education Program
9. An Act Concerning Home Health Care Regulations
10. An Act Concerning Services For Individuals With Intellectual Disability
11. An Act Concerning Incentives For Businesses That Exceed Accessibility Requirements Under The Americans With Disabilities Act
12. An Act Concerning New Britain Water Company Land
13. An Act Concerning A Diabetes Action Plan
14. An Act Concerning The Department Of Public Health's Recommendations Concerning The Expansion And Construction Of Water Systems
15. An Act Concerning The Department Of Public Health's Recommendations Concerning The Prevention Of Smoking And Tobacco Use
16. An Act Concerning The Practice Of Naturopathy
17. An Act Establishing A Task Force On Patient Access To Medical Records
18. An Act Concerning The Administration Of Glucagon In Schools
19. An Act Concerning Access To Radiological And Imaging Services
20. An Act Concerning Training In Cultural Competency For Dental Hygienists
21. An Act Concerning Athletic Trainers
22. An Act Concerning Health Care Services
Rep. Adinolfi offered a motion to open the agenda for purposes of adding an item.
Rep. Betts seconded the motion.
A voice vote was taken: Motion failed.
Rep. Ritter asked for a motion to raise concepts under section three.
Sen. Gerratana offered the motion.
Rep. Cook seconded the motion.
A voice vote was taken: Motion Passed.
Rep. Ritter announced that the meeting is in recess until 1:00 PM at which point the meeting will adjourn.