Public Health Committee
Monday, February 8, 2016
2:30 PM in Room 1D of the LOB
The meeting was called to order at 2:31 PM by Chairman, Sen. Gerratana T. S06.
The following committee members were present:
Adinolfi A. 103; Betts W. 078; Carpino C. 032; Conroy T. 105; Cook M. 065; Demicco M. 021; Genga H. 010; McCarty K. 038; Riley E. 046; Ritter M. 001; Sayers P. 060; Scanlon S. 098; Srinivasan P. 031; Tercyak P. 026; Wilms F. 142; Zoni D. 081
Sen. Gerratana convened the meeting at 2:31PM and welcomed the Public Health Committee and Staff.
Rep. Srinivasan welcomed the committee and expressed excitement for the coming legislative session.
Sen. Gerratana asked for a motion to raise concepts 1-19:
1. AAC Administration Of Opioid Antagonists
2. AAC Opioid Abuse
3. AAC Food Vendors
4. AAC Telehealth Providers
5. AAC Funds Appropriated To The Department Of Developmental Services
6. AAC Dental Assistants
7. AAC The Palliative Use Of Marijuana For Children
8. AAC Raising The Minimum Age To Twenty-One For The Purchase Of Tobacco Products, Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems And Vapor Products
9. AAC Newborn Screening For Pompe Disease
10. AAC Certificates Of Need
11. AAC The Administration Of Vaccines By Pharmacists And Medical Assistants And The Listing Of Certified Medical Assistants
12. AAC Licensure For Professionals Counselors
13. AAC Marital And Family Therapist Associates
14. AAC Music And Art Therapy
15. AAC Exempting Veterinarians From The Electronic Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
16. AAC Establishing A Task Force On Nail Salons And Nail Technicians
17. AAC The Clearance Of Student Athletes With Concussions For Participation In Team Activities
18. AAC The Authority And Responsibilities Of Advanced Practice Registered Nurses
19. AAC An Internship Program For Adults With Autism
Rep. Cook offered the motion and Rep. Carpino seconded the motion.
The motion passed on a voice vote
Sen. Gerratana said that the votes will be kept open until 3:00 PM in Room 3000 of the LOB, at which point the meeting would be adjourned.
The meeting was adjourned at 3:00 PM.
Beverly Henry Walter L. Morton IV
2;31dministrator Committee Clerk