Committee on Children
Tuesday, February 16, 2016
9:30 AM in Room 2B of the LOB
The meeting was called to order at 9:41 AM by Chairman, Sen. Bartolomeo D. S13.
The following committee members were present:
I. REMARKS BY THE CHAIRS
Chairman, Sen. Bartolomeo welcomed everyone to the meeting. She reminded everyone of the safety exits in the event of an emergency.
II. CONCEPTS TO BE RAISED
Sen. Bartolomeo called for a motion to raise the following concepts:
1. An Act Concerning Child Protective Services Workers
2. An Act Concerning Transfers of Guardianship
3. An Act Concerning Children in Need of Special Services
4. An Act Concerning a Tax Credit for Employers Offering On-Site Child Care
5. An Act Concerning Access to Records of Department of Children and Families
6. An Act Concerning Opioid Analgesic Prescriptions Issued to Minors
7. An Act Concerning the Identification of Connecticut's Child Placement Needs
The motion was made by Rep. Kokoruda and seconded by Rep. Candelaria. The motion was approved by voice vote.
Sen. Bartolomeo called for a motion to reserve the following concept for a subject matter public hearing:
1. Proposed H.B. No. 5135 AN ACT CONCERNING THE CLOSURE OF THE CONNECTICUT JUVENILE TRAINING SCHOOL AND THE PUEBLO UNIT FOR GIRLS
The motion was made by Rep. Kokoruda and seconded by Rep. Hampton. The motion was approved by voice vote.
III: ANNOUNCEMENT OF TIME AND DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Se. Bartolomeo announced that a public hearing would be held on Tuesday, February 16th at 10:00 AM in Room 2A of the Legislative Office Building.
A motion was duly made and seconded to adjourn the meeting. The meeting was adjourned at 9:45 AM.