Insurance and Real Estate Committee
Thursday, February 18, 2016
12:00 PM in Room 2D of the LOB
The meeting was called to order at 12:08PM by Chairman, Sen. Crisco J. S17.
The following committee members were present:
Abercrombie C. 083; Cuevas V. 075; Currey J. 011; Dargan S. 115; Floren L. 149; Johnson S. 049; Kupchick B. 132; MacLachlan J. 035; Megna R. 097; Noujaim S. 074; Randall C. 044; Riley E. 046; Sampson R. 080; Scott J. 040; Vail K. 052; Zoni D. 081
Sen. Crisco S17 entertained a motion from Rep. Abercrombie R83, seconded by Rep. Scott R40, to raise the following concepts:
CONCEPTS TO BE RAISED
1. AAC the Execution of Surety Bonds by the Connecticut Health Insurance Exchange for Its Board Members
2. AAC Assessments and User Fees Charged to Health Carriers by the Connecticut Health Insurance Exchange
3. AAC the Accreditation of Managed Care Organizations
4. AA Requiring Site-Neutral Reimbursement Policies in Contracts Between Health Carriers and Health Care Providers
5. AAC the Use of Experimental Drugs
6. AAC Cost-Sharing For Prescription Drugs
7. AA Extending the Period Children May Retain Dental Coverage Under Parents' Insurance Policies
8. AAC Health Care Provider Lists and Authorizing Pregnancy as a Qualifying Event for Special Enrollment Periods
9. AAC Clinical Review Criteria for Utilization Review
10. AAC Health Insurers' Use of Clinical Pathways
11. AAC The Use of Evidence-Based Medicine in Hospital Emergency Rooms For Traumatic Brain Injury Patients
12. AAC Severe Mental and Emotional Impairment and Workers' Compensation Coverage
13. AAC Workers' Compensation and Related Insurance Coverage for Firemen
14. AAC Long-Term Care Insurance Policy Premium Rate Increases
15. AAC Short-Term Care Insurance
16. AA Requiring Life Insurance Companies to Provide Certain Information With Life Insurance Proceeds Payments
17. AAC The Purchase of an Annuity to Fund Pension Benefits
18. AA Regulating Travel Insurance
19. AA Increasing the Penalty for Driving While Uninsured
20. AA Requiring Certain Liquor Permittees to Procure and Maintain Liability Insurance
21. AAC Assessments on Property Casualty Insurers to Fund Fire Training Schools
22. AAC Commercial Property Insurance Policies Issued by Non-Admitted Insurers
23. AAC Homeowners Insurance Policies and Coverage for the Peril of Collapse
24. AA Authorizing Catastrophe Savings Accounts for Certain Uninsured Property Losses and Establishing Tax Deductions for Homeowners Suffering Certain Property Losses
25. AAC The Use of Breed of Dog as an Underwriting Factor For Homeowners and Tenants Insurance Policies
The motion was passed by a voice vote.
Sen. Crisco S17 reminded the Committee of the Public Hearing at 1PM; also that there would be no Committee meeting Tuesday, Feb 23, but there would be a Public Hearing on that day.
Rep. Megna R97 welcomed a new intern, Jack Kealey, to the Committee.
The meeting went into recess at 12:10PM.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:00PM.