Government Administration and Elections Committee
Wednesday, February 3, 2016
1:30 PM in Room 2B of the LOB
The meeting was called to order at by Chairman, Rep. Jutila E. 037.
The following committee members were present:
I. CONVENE MEETING
Meeting was called to order by Chairman, Rep. Jutila E. 037 at 1:41 PM.
He welcomed everyone back and turned it over to Sen. Cassano who also welcomed everyone back and thanked everyone for getting bills in early for screening. He is looking forward to a successful session.
II. REMARKS BY THE CHAIRS
No additional remarks were made by the committee. Moved on to item III.
III. CONCEPTS TO BE RAISED:
Chairman Jutila asked to entertain a motion for concepts 1-14 to be raised. Motion made by Lesser M. 100, seconded by Sen. Cassano. No discussion was made, motion carried.
1. AN ACT CONCERNING ENDORSEMENTS OF TOWN COMMITTEE MEMBERS
2. AN ACT CREATING A STATE CIVIC NETWORK
3. AN ACT CONCERNING POST-ELECTION AUDIT INTEGRITY AND EFFICIENCY
4. AN ACT CONCERNING REPORTING REQUIREMENTS AND THE STATE ETHICS CODE
5. AN ACT CONCERNING UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS
6. AN ACT CONCERNING SATURDAY REGISTRARS OF VOTERS SESSIONS
7. AN ACT CONCERNING VOTES FOR CROSS ENDORSED CANDIDATES
8. AN ACT CONCERNING REPORTING OF MUNICIPAL ELECTION RESULTS
9. AN ACT CONCERNING WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS AND OPINIONS FROM THE SECRETARY OF THE STATE
10. AN ACT IMPLEMENTING THE RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE AUDITORS OF PUBLIC ACCOUNTS.
11. AN ACT CONCERNING TECHNICAL AND CONFORMING CHANGES TO THE DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES STATUTES
12. AN ACT CONCERNING DISCLOSURE OF COORDINATED AND INDEPENDENT SPENDING IN CAMPAIGN FINANCE
13. AN ACT CONCERNING ELECTRONIC FILING
14. AN ACT CONCERNING PUBLIC FINANCING FOR JUDGE OF PROBATE CANDIDATES
IV. ANNOUNCEMENT OF TIME AND DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Next committee meeting will be next Wednesday in Room 2B, with the time TBD.
Chairman Jutila asked to entertain a motion for adjournment. Motion was made by Sen. McLachlan and seconded by Rep. Rebimbas.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:50 PM.