Tuesday, February 9, 2016
10:00 AM in Room 1E of the LOB
The meeting was called to order at 10:39 AM by Chairman, Sen. Hartley J. S15.
The following committee members were present:
Sen. Crisco was absent due to business in the district
Sen. Frantz was absent due to business in the district.
Rep. Alberts was absent due to business in the district.
Rep. D'Amelio was absent due to business in the district.
Rep. Noujaim was absent due to business in the district.
Rep. Santiago was absent due to business in the district.
I. Sen. Hartley convened at 10:39 AM.
II. Sen. Hartley moved to number three on the agenda. A motion was made by Sen. Larson and seconded by Rep. Brycki to draft the following proposal as a committee bill:
1. Proposed H.B. No. 5003 AN ACT AUTHORIZING FUNDS OF THE STATE FOR THE RAILROAD MUSEUM OF NEW ENGLAND IN THOMASTON. (CE)
The proposal passed through a voice vote.
III. Sen. Hartley moved to item four on the agenda. A motion was made by Rep. Gentile and seconded by Sen. Larson to raise the following concepts:
1. AAC THE FISCAL IMPACT OF PROPOSED LEGISLATION ON BUSINESSES
2. AAC THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE LEARN HERE, LIVE HERE PROGRAM.
3. AA CREATING CONNECTICUT BROWNFIELD LAND BANKS.
4. AAC TAX REFUND CONTRIBUTIONS TO SUPPORT THE ARTS
5. AA ESTABLISHING A STATE FILM PERMITTING PROCESS.
6. AAC AWARDS FROM THE CONNECTICUT ARTS ENDOWMENT FUND
7. AA INCREASING THE THRESHOLD FOR LEGISLATIVE APPROVAL OF FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AWARDED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AND CONNECTICUT INNOVATIONS, INCORPORATED
8. AAC THE CONNECTICUT BIOSCIENCE INNOVATION FUND
The motion passed through a voice vote.
IV. Sen. Hartley announced the date and time of the next committee meeting: Thursday. February 18, 2016 10:30 AM Room 2-D.
V. Sen Hartley recessed the meeting at 10:47 AM.
A motion was duly made and seconded to adjourn the meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 12 PM.
Assistant Committee Clerk