OLR Bill Analysis
AN ACT CONCERNING MUNICIPAL APPLICATIONS FOR LAND USE PERMITS AND TAX ABATEMENTS.
This bill requires applicants for municipal tax abatements and land use permits to disclose to municipalities specified information about the property's developers and the application's purpose.
Under the bill, municipalities must require applicants for tax abatements and permits filed with zoning, planning, combined planning and zoning, zoning board of appeals, or inland wetlands commissions to provide, in writing:
1. the name, address, website, and telephone number of the subject property's developers;
2. a description of the application's purpose;
3. the applicant's relationship to the property owner and developer, if he or she is not the owner or developer;
4. the applicant's authority to sign the application; and
5. any contractual relationship between the applicant and any property developer with whom the applicant has contracted in writing, prior to the application date, regarding the subject property.
It requires such applicants to (1) update the disclosed information within 10 business days after any changes and (2) briefly identify the application's purpose in any public notice for it.
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 1, 2016
Planning and Development Committee
Joint Favorable Substitute