PA 15-64—sHB 6787
Labor and Public Employees Committee
Government Administration and Elections Committee
AN ACT CONCERNING THE EXAMINATION PROCESS FOR CERTAIN CLASSES OF POSITIONS IN THE CLASSIFIED SERVICE
SUMMARY: This act allows, under certain conditions, a candidate for a state job to apply his or her most recent score on a promotional exam to the candidate list established for a later exam for the same job classification.
Under the act, the administrative services (DAS) commissioner must allow such test scores to be used when:
1. a job candidate submits a written request to the DAS commissioner on a form the commissioner prescribes,
2. the subsequent exam is in the same or an equivalent form as the previous one,
3. the provision of applying a score to another list is publicized on appropriate exam notices,
4. the candidate satisfies all other classification and exam requirements, and
5. the candidate's most recent exam was within the previous seven years.
Under the act, the commissioner maintains her ability to apply, at her discretion, one exam's candidate list to the candidate list for another exam provided items 2, 3, and 4 (above) are met.
The act's provisions do not apply to promotional exams for classifications in DAS's police-protective series occupational group.
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 1, 2015
OLR Tracking: JM: MLK: PF: cmg