PA 14-95—HB 5229
AN ACT CONCERNING THE EXPANSION OF A SMALL HOUSE NURSING HOME PILOT PROGRAM
SUMMARY: This act allows the social services commissioner to expand, within available appropriations, the “small house nursing home” pilot program. The act eliminates the cap on the number of (1) homes, which prior law set at one, and (2) program beds, which prior law set at 280.
EFFECTIVE DATE: July 1, 2014
Small House Nursing Home
By law, a “small house nursing home” is an alternative nursing home facility that:
1. consists of one or more units designed and modeled as a private home,
2. houses no more than 14 people in each unit,
3. includes private rooms and bathrooms,
4. provides an increased role for support staff in the care of residents,
5. incorporates a philosophy of individualized care, and
6. is licensed as a nursing home (CGS § 17b-372a).
The facilities must comply with existing law's certificate of need requirements and processes.
OLR Tracking: VR: KD: PF: ro