Higher Education and Employment Advancement Committee
PUBLIC HEARING AGENDA
Thursday, February 28, 2013
1:00 P.M. in Room 1E of the LOB
I. COMMITTEE BILLS FOR REVIEW
1. S.B. No. 844 AN ACT IMPLEMENTING THE BUDGET RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE GOVERNOR CONCERNING HIGHER EDUCATION. (HED)
2. S.B. No. 868 (RAISED) AN ACT TARGETING STATE FINANCIAL AID TO SUPPORT TECHNICAL TRAINING. (HED)
3. Proposed S.B. No. 205 AN ACT CONCERNING SCHOLARSHIPS FOR STUDENT ATHLETES AT PUBLIC INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER EDUCATION. (HED)
4. Proposed S.B. No. 176 AN ACT ESTABLISHING A HIGHER EDUCATION PERFORMANCE INCENTIVE TASK FORCE. (HED)
5. Proposed S.B. No. 333 AN ACT REQUIRING A STUDY OF STUDENT ATTENDANCE AND DROP OUT RATES IN RELATION TO FINANCIAL AID DISBURSEMENTS AT THE REGIONAL COMMUNITY-TECHNICAL COLLEGES. (HED)
6. Proposed S.B. No. 476 AN ACT REQUIRING INPUT FROM LOCAL MANUFACTURERS IN DEVELOPING MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMS AT THE REGIONAL COMMUNITY-TECHNICAL COLLEGES. (HED)
7. Proposed S.B. No. 477 AN ACT CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION OF NEW DORMITORIES AT CENTRAL CONNECTICUT STATE UNIVERSITY. (HED)
Please submit 35 copies of written testimony to Committee staff at 9:00 A.M. in Room 1E of the LOB. Please also submit an electronic copy of testimony to HEDTestimony@cga.ct.gov.
Sign-up for the hearing will begin at 9:00 A.M. in Room 1E of the LOB.
NOTE: All public hearing testimony, written and spoken, is public information. As such, it will be made available on the CGA website and indexed by internet search engines.