February Session, 2012
LCO No. 4276
REP. LAVIELLE, 143rd Dist.
"AN ACT CONCERNING VOTING RIGHTS. "
Strike subsection (f) of section 1 in its entirety and insert the following in lieu thereof:
"(f) If the applicant is admitted as an elector, the registrars of voters shall provide the elector with an election day registration ballot and election day registration envelope and shall make a record of such issuance. The elector shall complete an affirmation imprinted upon the back of the envelope for an election day registration ballot and shall declare under oath that the applicant has not previously voted in the election. The affirmation shall be in the form substantially as follows and signed by the voter:
AFFIRMATION: I, the undersigned, do hereby state, under penalty of false statement, (perjury) that:
1. I am a citizen of the United States.
2. I am the person admitted here as an elector in the town indicated.
3. I am eligible to vote in the election indicated for today in the town indicated.
4. The information on my voter registration card is correct and complete.
5. I reside at the address that I have given to the registrars of voters.
6. If previously registered at another location, I have provided such address to the registrars of voters and hereby request cancellation of such prior registration.
7. I have not voted in person or by absentee ballot and I will not vote otherwise than by this ballot at this election.
8. I completed an application for an election day registration ballot and received an election day registration ballot.
. . . . (Signature of voter)"