Connecticut Seal

Senate

File No. 772

General Assembly

 

February Session, 2008

(Reprint of File No. 172)

Substitute Senate Bill No. 471

 

As Amended by Senate Amendment Schedules "A" and "B" and House Amendment Schedule "A"

This act shall take effect as follows and shall amend the following sections:

Section 1

January 1, 2010

20-13j

Sec. 2

January 1, 2010

20-29

Sec. 3

January 1, 2010

20-40

Sec. 4

January 1, 2010

20-59

Sec. 5

January 1, 2010

20-73a(a)

Sec. 6

January 1, 2010

20-99(b)

Sec. 7

January 1, 2010

20-114(a)

Sec. 8

January 1, 2010

20-126o(a)

Sec. 9

January 1, 2010

20-133

Agency Affected

Fund-Effect

FY 09 $

FY 10 $

Public Health, Dept.

GF - Cost

None

256,184

Comptroller Misc. Accounts (Fringe Benefits)1

GF - Cost

None

47,348

Public Health, Dept.

GF - Revenue Gain

None

Potential Minimal

Yea

19

Nay

0

(03/11/2008)

Yea

27

Nay

0

(04/16/2008)

TOP

1 The fringe benefit costs for state employees are budgeted centrally in the Miscellaneous Accounts administered by the Comptroller. The first year fringe benefit costs for new positions do not include pension costs. The estimated first year fringe benefit rate as a percentage of payroll is 25.36%. The state's pension contribution is based upon the prior year's certification by the actuary for the State Employees Retirement System (SERS). The SERS fringe benefit rate is 33.27%, which when combined with the rate for non-pension fringe benefits totals 58.63%.