Municipalities - We want to hear from you! Please take our brief Livable Communities Survey!
Livable Communities for All Ages ~ A Joint Forum of the CoA and the CT Conference of Muncipalities - January 14, 2013
A large crowd of municipal leaders, municipal social service workers, philanthropy organizations gather at the LOB for the Livable Communities Forum
View the CT-N coverage of the Forum here!
Forum Informational Materials
- Corallette Hannon - AARP Senior Legislative Representation - Presentation
- Jim Lisher - Chairman, New Canaan Health and Human Services Commission - Presentation
- Dawn Lambert - Project Director, Money Follows the Person - Presentation
- Sharon Mierzwa, Program Director of Health Equity, CT Association of Directors of Health - Presentation
- Martin Connor, City Planner, Torrington, CT Chapter of the American Planning Association - Handout
- Creating Communities for a Lifetime: An Overview for Municipal Leaders
- Aging in Place Task Force Final Report
- CoA Fact Sheet: Older Adults in Connecticut
- CoA Fact Sheets: Facts about the Legislative Commission on Aging
- CoA Results-Based Accountability Report and Performances Measures
Community Innovations and Ideas Across Connecticut and the Nation
Property Tax Initiative
The Connecticut Commission on Aging, with support from the General Assembly's Select Committee on Aging, has compiled an inventory of tax relief programs for older adults offered by Connecticut’s cities and towns. The survey results were shared with towns, the General Assembly and other interested parties to help promote thoughtful and effective tax-relief policies.
|CoA Report:||Property Tax Relief for Older Adults: A Profile of Connecticut's Local Programs|
|Powerpoint Summary:||Property Tax Relief for Older Adults: A Profile of Connecticut's Local Programs presented by Deb Migneault & Deb Polun, Commission on Aging|
|Powerpoint Presentation:||The Property Tax in Connecticut presented by Dr. Dennis Heffley, Department of Economics, University of Connecticut|
|View the broadcast of the 2008 Carlson Forum: Assessing Connecticut's Property Tax Relief Programs for Older Adults and Persons with Disabilities, co-sponsored by the CT Coalition on Aging, Inc. and the CT Commission on Aging|