Task Force on Alzheimer's Disease and Dementia
Special Act 13-11 established a task force to study the care provided to persons diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and dementia in the state. The task force shall analyze and make recommendations on the subject of Alzheimer's disease and dementia that shall include 1. services provided to persons diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and dementia; including persons with early-state and early-onset of Alzheimer's disease, and such persons' family members and caregivers 2. legislative policy changes to better serve such persons, family members and caregivers; 3. coordination between state agencies and private community-based health care providers to serve such persons, family members and caregivers; 4. case management services for such persons, family members and caregivers; 5. the transition of such persons from one health care facility to another; and 5. the placement of such persons in community-based settings or health care facilities other than nursing home facilities, when feasible.
The Legislative Commission on Aging will serve as the administrative staff.
|Meeting Agenda||Meeting Audio||CT-N coverage|
|9/5/2013||9/5/2013 Audio||Not available|
|9/3/2013||9/3/2013 Audio||9/3/2013 CT-N|
|9/26/2013||9/26/2013 Audio||Not Available|
|11/5/2013||11/5/2013 Audio||11/5/2013 CT-N|
|11/19/2013||11/19/2013 Audio||11/19/2013 CT-N|
- Workforce Education and Training Subcommittee Report - Subcommittee Chair - Kelly Smith Papa 11/19/13
- Quality Care, Service Delivery and Care Management Subcommittee Report - Subcommittee Chair - Pam Atwood 11/5/13
- Early Intervention, Detection and Planning Subcommittee Report - Subcommittee Chair - Lakisha Hyatt 11/5/13
- Comments from 11/5 meeting
- Laurie Julian, Public Policy Director, Alzheimer's Association - CT Chapter - presentation to Task Force 9/3/13
- Alzheimer's Association - Link to 29 Developed State Plans
- Annual Report of the New York State Coordinating Council for Services Related to Alzheimer's Disease and Other Dementias
- Massachusetts Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders State Plan
- Rhode Island's State Plan on Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders
- Smith, Michael; Smith, Eileen; Papa Kelly (Oct/November 2010). Advance for Long Term Care Management: Emotional Memory.