OLR Bill Analysis
AN ACT CONCERNING THE DEFINITION OF SCHOOL-BASED HEALTH CENTER.
This bill establishes a statutory definition for “school-based health center,” defining it the same way as under federal law. Under this definition, a school-based health center is a clinic that:
1. is located in or near a school facility of a school district, school board, Indian tribe, or tribal organization;
2. is organized through school, community, and health provider relationships;
3. is administered by a sponsoring facility (i. e. , hospital, health department, community health center, nonprofit health care agency, or local educational agency);
4. provides primary health services through health professionals to children in accordance with state and local law; and
5. satisfies any other state requirements for school-based health centers.
The bill also makes technical changes.
EFFECTIVE DATE: July 1, 2013
Public Health Committee
Joint Favorable Substitute