OLR Bill Analysis
AN ACT ELIMINATING THE FILING FEES ASSOCIATED WITH THE TERMINATION OR DISSOLUTION OF CERTAIN BUSINESS ENTITIES.
This bill eliminates fees for certain Connecticut and out-of-state business entities filing documents with the secretary of the state to terminate or dissolve the entity or cease doing business in the state. Specifically, the bill eliminates the following filing fees:
1. $ 50 for a stock corporation's certificate of dissolution;
2. $ 100 for an out-of-state stock corporation's withdrawal application and the secretary issuing a withdrawal certificate;
3. $ 20 for a non-stock corporation's certificate of dissolution;
4. $ 40 for an out-of-state non-stock corporation's withdrawal application and the secretary issuing a withdrawal certificate;
5. $ 60 for a limited partnership's certificate of cancellation, including an out-of state certificate;
6. $ 50 for a limited liability company's (LLC) articles of dissolution;
7. $ 120 for an out-of-state LLC's certificate of withdrawal;
8. $ 50 for a limited liability partnership's (LLP) renouncing its status as an LLP;
9. $ 120 for an out-of-state LLP's withdrawal of certificate of authority; and
10. $ 120 for a statutory trust's certificate of cancellation, including out-of-state statutory trusts.
By law, these entities must still file these documents with the secretary.
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 1, 2013
SB 1123, reported favorably by the Judiciary Committee, eliminates the $ 20 annual report filing fee for limited partnerships and LLCs that file these reports with the secretary of the state electronically.