Sec. 4-250. Definitions. As used in sections 4-250 to 4-252:
(1) "Gift" has the same meaning as provided in section 1-79, except that the exclusion in subdivision (12) of subsection (e) of said section 1-79 for a gift for the celebration of a major life event shall not apply;
(2) "Quasi-public agency", "public official" and "state employee" have the same meanings as provided in section 1-79;
(3) "State agency" means any office, department, board, council, commission, institution or other agency in the executive, legislative or judicial branch of state government;
(4) "Large state contract" means an agreement or a combination or series of agreements between a state agency or a quasi-public agency and a person, firm or corporation, having a total value of more than five hundred thousand dollars in a calendar or fiscal year, for (A) a project for the construction, alteration or repair of any public building or public work, (B) services, including, but not limited to, consulting and professional services, (C) the procurement of supplies, materials or equipment, (D) a lease, or (E) a licensing arrangement. The term "large state contract" shall not include a contract between a state agency or a quasi-public agency and a political subdivision of the state;
(5) "Principals and key personnel" means officers, directors, shareholders, members, partners and managerial employees; and
(6) "Participated substantially" means participation that is direct, extensive and substantive, and not peripheral, clerical or ministerial.
(P.A. 04-245, S. 2; P.A. 07-213, S. 2.)
History: P.A. 04-245 effective June 1, 2004; P.A. 07-213 amended Subdiv. (4) to redefine "large state contract" by replacing "having a total cost to such state agency or quasi-public agency" with "having a total value", effective July 10, 2007.
Chapter Table of Contents)
List of Chapters)
List of Titles)