Substitute House Bill No. 7231
Public Act No. 07-177
AN ACT INCLUDING ON-BOARD OIL REFINING SYSTEMS IN THE DEFINITION OF LOCAL CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Assembly convened:
Section 1. Subsection (a) of section 7-536 of the general statutes is repealed and the following is substituted in lieu thereof (Effective July 1, 2007):
(a) As used in sections 7-535 to 7-538, inclusive:
(1) "Adjusted equalized net grand list per capita" means the adjusted equalized net grand list per capita determined for each town pursuant to section 10-261;
(2) "Density" means the population of a municipality divided by the number of square miles of the municipality;
(3) "Grant anticipation note" means a note issued in anticipation of the receipt of project grants to the municipality from moneys in the Local Capital Improvement Fund;
(4) "Local capital improvement project" means a municipal capital expenditure project for any of the following purposes: (A) Road construction, renovation, repair or resurfacing, (B) sidewalk and pavement improvements, (C) construction, renovation, enlargement or repair of sewage treatment plants and sanitary or storm, water or sewer lines, including separation of lines, (D) public building construction other than schools, including renovation, repair, code compliance, energy conservation and fire safety projects, (E) construction, renovation, enlargement or repair of dams, bridges and flood control projects, (F) construction, renovation, enlargement or repair of water treatment or filtration plants and water mains, (G) construction, renovation or enlargement of solid waste facilities, (H) improvements to public parks, (I) the preparation and revision of local capital improvement plans projected for a period of not less than five years and so prepared as to show the general description, need and estimated cost of each individual capital improvement, (J) improvements to emergency communications systems, (K) public housing projects, including renovations and improvements and energy conservation and the development of additional housing, (L) renovations to or construction of veterans' memorial monuments, (M) thermal imaging systems, (N) bulky waste and landfill projects, (O) the preparation and revision of municipal plans of conservation and development adopted pursuant to section 8-23, provided such plans are endorsed by the legislative body of the municipality not more than one hundred eighty days after adoption by the commission, (P) acquisition of automatic external defibrillators, [and] (Q) floodplain management and hazard mitigation activities, and (R) on-board oil refining systems consisting of a filtration canister and evaporation canister that remove solid and liquid contaminants from lubricating oil. "Local capital improvement project" means only capital expenditures and includes repairs incident to reconstruction and renovation but does not include ordinary repairs and maintenance of an ongoing nature and "floodplain management" and "hazard mitigation" shall have the same meaning as in section 25-68j;
(5) "Municipality" means any town, city, borough, consolidated town and city or consolidated town and borough;
(6) "Population" means the number of people according to the most recent federal decennial census, except in intervening years between such censuses when it shall mean the number according to the most recent estimate of the Department of Public Health; and
(7) "Secretary" means the Secretary of the Office of Policy and Management.
Approved July 5, 2007